I'm not a professional blogger and as much as I wish I had enough time to have a more detailed blog, I live in the library so I don't.. but I hope these pictures will speak the words I can't. Welcome to the life of the Hunts in NYC!

17/365 The Inviting Bench



I pass this bench often as I go about my day. But it wasn't until I started this 365 challenge that I noticed the beauty of it. I feel like I've been looking at the world and the everyday life experiences through a new vista now. I've noticed that I have rarely seen a single soul sitting on this bench. There is a constant flow of people rushing by to get to where they are going, missing out on what this bench has to offer. It's a good constant reminder to me now to slow down and take a moment to rest and contemplate on the beauty around me. President Uchtdorf said in the last General Conference: 
"If life and its rushed pace and many stresses have made it difficult for you to feel like rejoicing, then perhaps now is a good time to refocus on what matters most." 

So my challenge is to not get lost in the rush of the crowd but to sometimes take a moment to sit on your own "inviting bench" to contemplate what really matters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true Dani, I hope I will "sit down more often and "Be Still" on any bench I can find. I LOVE your blog. (Aunt Julie)

Post a Comment